posted on December 15, 2018 08:30
|Greetings from Crossroads College,
In our last update, I discussed the three goals we were working to accomplish for the future of Crossroads College.
Crossroads College Goals
I am happy to say that all these goals have been accomplished.
- Transfer all academic records to Nebraska Christian College.
- Provide Church Development resources that strengthen Restoration Movement churches in the region.
- Seek a partnership with Hope International University to offer Christian Higher Education in Rochester.
The academic program will be structured to offer professional development courses, a 30-unit ministry certificate, a 60-unit associate degree, a 120-unit bachelor degree, and graduate degrees, including a Master of Divinity. Students will take classes both online and onsite in Rochester, MN.
- All academic records were transferred to Nebraska Christian College in February 2018.Crossroads students can access their transcripts by following the link on the Crossroads website, or by the following link:https://www.nechristian.edu/transcripts-forms/
- To provide church development resources, we have been providing pulpit supply nearly every Sunday since January. I am currently working with five different churches that are going through The Natural Church Development (NCD) church health assessment and have assisted two churches in their pastoral search.
- Crossroads College has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Hope International University. This partnership will provide Christian Higher Education in Rochester. Classes will begin in January of 2019. This new endeavor will be called Hope International University – Minnesota or HIU-MN for short.
Ministry degree programs are accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education and regional accreditation through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission. Students will be eligible for all forms of federal financial assistance.
Scholarship assistance will significantly reduce the tuition rate to approximately $100 per credit hour for students enrolled in the Christian Ministry Certificate program.
Crossroads College Campus
We are pleased that, after years of trying to find a buyer for the 37-acre Crossroads College campus, we sold the campus to Bear Creek Christian Church in June. The sale allowed Crossroads to eliminate all secured debt. Instead of owning the campus, Crossroads College is leasing space on the campus.
Bear Creek Church is converting the campus to become the permanent home for the church, provide facilities for area nonprofit organizations, and offer the 43 college apartments as affordable housing units.
Crossroads College Future: Hope International University – Minnesota
Since Crossroads ceased offering classes 2 years ago, the Board of Trustees, along with many of us, have continued to pray and work to once again offer Christian Higher Education in Rochester. Our prayers have been answered.
We thank you for your prayers, interest, support, and ongoing financial contributions.
Dr. Curtis McGinnis - Chief Operating Officer
Crossroads College Board of Trustees