Applying for Financial Aid
1. Complete Federal Income Tax forms as early as possible for both students and parents.
2. Apply for your Federal FAFSA PIN Number (for student AND at least one parent).
3. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using figures from your federal tax forms. Crossroads College school code number is 002366. Make sure to keep copies of the completed FAFSA.
4. After your FAFSA is processed, the U.S. Department of Education will send you a Student Aid Report (SAR) via email. Read it carefully and check it for accuracy. If necessary, make corrections and re-submit as directed on the SAR. If there are no corrections, retain the SAR for your records.
5. Next, the Office of Financial Aid will receive your SAR electronically from the Central Processing System.
- If you are selected by the Department of Education to complete the verification process, the Office of Financial Aid will inform you of the documents needed via email. Verification must be complete before you receive an official award notice.
- If you are not selected for the verification process, the Office of Financial Aid will create a Financial Aid Award package and email you the list of Financial Aid you will be eligible to receive. If you do not have access to email, a paper award notice will be sent to you via regular mail.
- All students must complete the Crossroads College Institutional Form yearly. This form will be sent to you via regular mail. This form must be completed before beginning classes at Crossroads College.
6. If you are eligible for State/Federal Grants, the Office of Financial Aid will arrange for receipt of those funds. The results of the FAFSA mandate how much we are able to give each student.
7. If you are eligible to receive institutional grants and scholarships, the Office of Financial Aid will arrange for receipt of those funds.
8. If you would like to borrow a Federal Student Loan, you will need to complete the Federal Student Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note.
Please direct all questions regarding the Financial Aid process to Polly Kellogg-Bradley, Director of Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org.