The Christian Ministry major is designed to equip graduates for ministry within a broad range of vocational choices. The program seeks to develop certain foundational skills for ministry, while allowing students the latitude to pursue individual interests in accordance with their own gifts and calling.
Students who successfully complete the Christian Ministry major should be able to:
- Exercise leadership in the church and other ministry contexts
- Display desirable personal characteristics contributing to effectiveness in ministry
- Lead skillfully in the general ministry of the church
- Demonstrate the ability to work with a small group of people toward a common ministry goal
- Demonstrate skill in integrating understanding of the Bible and theology with preaching and/or teaching
- Demonstrate skill to guide a congregation in its worship experience
- Show proficiency in implementing sound principles of Christian ministry in a mentored internship experience
Visit the Curriculum page to check out what courses are included in this program!